The purpose of this policy is to:
- Clearly communicate the personal information handling practices of Novo Nordisk
- Enhance the transparency of our business operations
- Give individuals a better and more complete understanding of the sort of personal information that Novo Nordisk holds, and the way we handle that information.
Novo Nordisk believes that choice is one of the most important privacy principles. You have the choice not to submit personal information (other than as may be required by law) to us although this may result in us being unable to provide products and services to you or reduce your ability to fully participate in all aspects of our Websites.
What information does Novo Nordisk collect about you?
Novo Nordisk may collect personal information about you through our interactions with you. Generally, we may collect the following type of information about you: If you are a consumer:
- contact details, such as your name and e-mail/postal address;
- basic information about you, such as age range and gender;
- details of any communication you have with us;
Novo Nordisk may also collect some personal information if you register for particular patient support programs, such as, your telephone number if you wish to receive a call from one of our support lines. Other information may be collected from other sources but those sources will provide details of what personal information is being collected and why. If we do collect information from a third party or a publicly available source, it will only be if the individual has consented to such collection or would reasonably expect us to collect their personal information in this way.
There is always a lot of information that a company can collect about you, but Novo Nordisk will only ask for information where there is a clear need and it is reasonably necessary for our functions or activities.
In addition, Novo Nordisk may gather information about you automatically through your use of our Websites (e.g. your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address) and how you navigate our Websites. See also the section below on Using our Website and Cookies.
You will always have a choice as to what information you provide and we will give you the right to be anonymous in your dealings with us wherever possible. However, if you decide to withhold personal information which is necessary for us to provide a product or service, it may affect our ability to provide you with that product or service.
Use and disclosure of your personal information
Novo Nordisk will only use personal information for purposes which are directly related to one of our business functions or activities and for: the primary purpose for which it was given to us; or, to the extent:
- you consented to a secondary use or disclosure;
- you would reasonably expect it to be used at the time of supplying the information to a third party or publicly available source;
- required to provide you with a service or goods which you have requested or which relates to that good or service;
- required for the ordinary operation of our Website or our business (e.g. to send you information about our goods and services);
- required or permitted by law or regulatory practice; or,
- expressly permitted under any agreement with you.
As a general practice, we require that Novo Nordisk’s third party service providers who handle and obtain personal information comply with: this Policy; the relevant Australian and New Zealand Acts and Regulations (as amended from time to time) –and are subject to obligations to treat this information as confidential information.
Any information we collect is used internally, by us, affiliated organisations; our parent company; or, our third party service providers in relation to a service they are providing to us, to:
- provide you with a service and to notify you when a further service, may be available;
- provide you with notices of new information that may be of use or interest to you. This may include newsletters, Website update notices;
- survey you (and others) in an attempt to improve our Website
- notify you of third-party products that we believe might be of interest to you
- improve the quality of our Website (but we do not collect information about individual users surreptitiously);
- help us analyse general traffic patterns throughout our Website;
- deal with any enquiries, requests or complaints you make;
- administering patient support programs which you have requested to be enrolled in, for the purposes of enrolling, administering and co-ordinating the services provided under such programs including: providing you with program materials and information; contacting you for follow information as part of the program; using information in de-identified form to advise healthcare professionals of patients experience with Novo Nordisk product, including via publication in medical journals and presentations at clinical meetings; and, accessing the information provided under a program for the purpose of supporting you while in the program;
- monitor and review our compliance with relevant regulations and codes of conduct in our dealings with you and monitoring the quality, safety and efficacy of our products;
We do not sell, rent, or trade your personal information with others.
We impose obligations on any external organisations with which we share your personal information to maintain the integrity and security of that information.
We may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
- where it is required or authorised by law
- when one or more of our business partners or a third party service providers administers on our behalf a service, we may share some or all of the information collected in connection with such a service,
- we disclose aggregate data, statistical analyses or demographics relating to users of our Website (you cannot be identified from this information), and
- to our parent company located in Denmark for the purpose of administration, safety monitoring of products and to enable us to provide you with better service.
Security of your personal information
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Your information is stored securely whether in an electronic or physical form. For example, only staff needing access to the information are allowed access. Your personal information is stored in secured premises or in electronic databases requiring logins and passwords.
Some information is kept for a number of years to comply with legal requirements. Any personal information that is no longer needed is de-identified or destroyed.
You are able to withdraw your consent at any time by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Using our Website
We collect general usage information about visitors coming to our Website. This includes:
- the date and time you access our Website
- which parts within a SaxendaCare® Website you visited, and how much time you spent on each page
- if you linked to the SaxendaCare® Website from another Website, the address of that Website.
You cannot be identified from this information.
Sometimes our Web servers collect this general information with the help of cookies. A cookie is a small file that a Website writes to your hard drive when you visit that Website. Cookies cannot read information from your hard drive or read information from other cookies.
Review, Change, and Correction of Personal Information
You can always seek access to your personal information and ask us to correct or delete any inaccurate, incomplete or out of date information. Contact us at the contact address below if you want access to, or want to correct, or make a complaint in relation to the personal information we hold about you. One of our representatives will contact you in relation to your request or complaint.
We are required to take reasonable steps to correct information we hold, to ensure it is accurate, up to date, relevant and not misleading, having regard for the purposes for which it is held.
We are required to take reasonable steps to correct faulty information:
- where we are satisfied, independently of any request, that the personal information we hold is faulty; or,
- where an individual requests we correct their personal information
There is no fee for requesting access to your information. However, we may charge you the reasonable cost of processing your request and there may be some legal or administrative reasons to deny access. If we decide to deny access, we will provide you with a reason why.
You may review, change, or correct any personal information including the permitted uses of your personal information by contacting Novo Nordisk at the relevant address below.
Novo Nordisk Pharmaceuticals Pty. Ltd.
Attn: Privacy Officer
PO Box 7586
Baulkham Hills BC NSW 2153
If you do not wish to receive any further communication from us please notify us by writing to email@example.com
Novo Nordisk Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd, 2015
The information provided on this Website is designed for people who have been prescribed Saxenda® by their healthcare professionals and is intended to assist with patient education, compliance and the quality use of medicine. The information provided on this Website is not medical advice and should not be relied upon by any particular individual or for any specific purpose. Any medical questions should be referred to your healthcare professional. If in doubt, please seek medical advice from your healthcare professional.